Constitution Equality for All ?

Constitution Equality for All ?

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Fair Housing or Capitalism ????

I moved to Montgomery County, Maryland and lived in the area that has quality of life issues that affected me and my property. I exercise my rights and spoke out against the injustice that happen to me while I  lived on Cinnamon Run Properties and the unfair process of filing a Fair Housing Complaint. I have to include what holds true in society; the first lady, Michelle Obama was stereotyped by the "Black Woman" syndrome. This stereotype and income classification has a lot to do with this case; this is the basic stereotype against black women when they defend themselves. Please read: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/michelle-obama-on-new-book-some-want-to-give-her-angry-black-woman-image/.Michelle Obama dismiss the Black Women syndrome

Statistically, there is a problem with Fair Housing enforcement. There are more than 4 million fair housing complaints yearly on a national level and not even 1/4 is processed (this includes the failure of state agencies, private fair housing agencies and FHAP agencies) Oral Testimony of Shanna Smith (Atlanta). There is a systematic problem with fair housing enforcement and citizens have lost the confidence in Fair Housing in Maryland. The Government Accountability Office or an independent agency should support and enforce these efforts to ensure that every citizens is treated fair, impartial and equally under the system; to strengthen fair housing education, monitoring and compliance.

I contacted politicians Carmen Navarro and Congressman Chris Van Hollen (Democrat); Congressman Hollen office wrote me that if I don't move I would loose my voucher, and MCPD ( told me to move nothing but low-income lives here) and the Commissioner Chairman Pinero and  HOC Attorney who viciously told me that I would loose my voucher if I don't move. In addition, Pinero attorney told me that I never received an eviction notice. Stacey Spann, calls my house twice yelling in rage because I attended the HOC meeting with my concerns on black history month 2/1/2012 when he was just hired by the Commissioners.

However, the Maryland Commission on Civil Rights investigation report on 9/24/12; the landlord stated that he gave me the notice to vacat 4/27/12 because I violated peaceful enjoyment and a unauthorized tenant living with me and that I was hard to get along with (because I complained about vandalism of my car, drug sales and my apartment failed inspection) his reasons was total fabrication. In Court, 4/24/13, the landord representative stated that I got a notice to vacat for economic reasons and the Judge stated that it wasn't an eviction notice. However, under 24 CFR 982, my tenancy agreement, the notice to vacat is an eviction notice. My voice was suppressed because of income classification amongst other things, no one wanted to resolve the problem; however fabricate as I was treated as common criminal and a prisoner in my own home. The landlord had the guards and maintenance to follow my guest and I just prove that he was an unauthorized tenant, which he wasn't, I was harassed just because I complained of deplorable and unsafe conditions.

I request to the landlord about a tenant's association; that will be great for all the tenants could come together to talk about the quality of life issues.Since he kept sending out flyers about violence and quality of life issues on the property. He was angry making remarks that I don't want to repeat however those remarks was ignored and supported by the "powers to be" who are striving to suppress my voice. I have all the proof concerning my tenancy and went to Maryland District court and was treated severely unjustly. I discovered later that the Judge was a real estate litigator and was a contractor for Montgomery County board of real estate. He made his living litigating for the wealthy so as I a HCV recipient I was treated like nothing and I know why by the Maryland Commission on Civil Rights investigation report on 9/24/12. While I filed in Maryland District court against the landlord his attorney responded to the Maryland Commission on Civil Rights that my case was dismissed three times, that was fabrication. The landlord's attorney knew that my case was going to be dismissed three times (which is was) after this report was filed on 9/24/12 and bragged about it before my case was actually dismissed on 4/24/13. That's when I realize how this system work against me, as a HCV participant, I had to fight against the government, court and landlord. This includes the reality to these injustices is that the real estate investment "bomb"in Montgomery County and the increase of "revenue", plain and simple- it's about the money not what is morally right. At the end, I received limited judicial remedies and ineffective administrative Fair Housing enforcement processess.

I have extra links for your review and more information to this case. I certainly understand why there is no connection and a lack of effective collaboration with the citizens vs government. Citizens lost confidence with the government though these sort of efforts of suppression and social inequality within the system. There is is lack of transparency and accountability; the need for a strong fair housing independent agencies without any political influence- that is democratically ran by the citizens, advocates and some clergyman, etc.

After reading the reviews where I formerly lived and experience these injustices, the landlord oversees both properties, Cinnamon Run and Peppertree Farm Please read:  http://youtu.be/TzE6TAItJ0w   Peppertree Farms and Cinnamon Run Apartments reviews
Of course my video- Please view:  http://youtu.be/TzE6TAItJ0w   My experience on Cinnamon Run properties

The reality is that Fair Housing Enforcement in Maryland is failing and the enforcement process due to the lack of impartial investigation, suppressed complaints and the lack government accountability to the respondents who continuously violate the law.


No comments:

Post a Comment